switchcraft

Hi i'm looking for switchcraft "LEVER-LITE® III SERIES 84000" or parts of. Anybody out there with infos or parts?

Thanks

Reply to
indep

Cool looking switch.

Don

Reply to
Don Bowey

You must be stupid...Do a search on switchcraft...its all there.

Reply to
kip

Exactly....Cant be any simpler.

Reply to
kip

If you try to buy direct from Switchcraft you will have to buy a pack of 50, just the same as any of their distributors.

From your previous (about needing 10 and having to buy 50), and now this last response, it is obvious that when you go to a website you look but you do not see. So you obviously need a little more instruction...

On the Switchcraft main page you will see (without too much effort, I hope) a button marked "Check Distributor Stock". If you know the part number you want then you can use this facility to find (a) distributor/s who may have 10 which you can then buy.

Just a warning... If you are looking for one of the less popular switches (less used by oem's) then you may not be able to get what you want from any of the distributors. If you are lucky, a single distributor might have the 10 you want and if you are a little unlucky then you may have to round up the 10 from 2 or more distributors. If you are extremely unlucky then none of the distributor will have the

10 you want and you will be forced to take 50, or find an alternative switch. My guess is that these items will be fairly expensive from past experience with STC/ITT switches of similar design made back in the 60's.
Reply to
Ross Herbert

I did check the distributors, nobody has jess than 50. I know there must be someone with stock willing to sell by the unit but i cant find them using more traditionnal methods. So i gave the newsgroups a shot. I've been using the net actively since 1986 so i'm not stupid when it comes to searches, i just assumed that somebody out there might have some spare switches or spare parts. Thanks for the info.

Reply to
indep

You didn't say this before now.

So, you should by now have realised that the switch you are looking for is not a big seller. Therefore, since the switch you want is NOT held in stock by any distributor, they will only get it in for you IF YOU BUY THE WHOLE 50, WHICH SWITCHCRAFT HAS DETERMINED IS THE MOQ. The distributor is NOT stupid enough to buy in the MOQ of 50 if they only are ever likely to have one customer (ie. you) wants 10 only. Of course, they would be willing to get in the 50 and sell you 10, but ONLY if you still pay for the 50. You see how it works now. Unless some OEM has used the switch you want in a design, then the likelihood of there being stock ANYWHERE is next to nil. I don't see how you can "know there must be someone with stock" given the response you have had so far.

Time to start thinking about alternatives... Why not use a simple panel switch with the same physical action as the Switchcraft item and using that to drive a relay/s with the contact arrangement/s you need? It will be far cheaper to implement IMO.

Reply to
Ross Herbert

Thanks, the relay option is probably the way to go if i dont get any response from someone who has some kicking around. Thanks again.

Reply to
indep