Are new Luxeon Rebels reliable?

I finally got my post-recall strip of LXML-PWC1-0100 (brightest cool-white Rebel) from Future Electronics and got back to work on my mega-flashlight. I've had 7 LEDs fail in a project that uses 21. It's just like before the recall - everything passes tests then defects develop a day or two later. It's NOT fun removing surface mounts after the board is glued to a heatsink, and it's not fun throwing out $7 LEDs. Are these LEDs still having problems?

I built a prototype using LXML-PWN1-0080 and had no problems at all.

--
Google is a pro-spamming service.  I will not see your reply if you use Google.
Reply to