tap drill size

I have used something similar to the superserts.

Usually, a shop would swage a PEM on, and it would be tight, but that same PEM is hard for the home shop owner to get in tight, so a hand crimped version (several) had to be made. I know the 1/4 - 20 is available but never used it. Ours was 1/4" hole, and drop in the insert already threaded onto the swaging tool. and squeeze. The tool swages the insert in place very tightly. The stuff was passing CSA back when they threw things off their dock platform to 'test' it.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

1/8 inch panel. 24 1/4 - 20 holes. I'd say that #8 would work. #10 for certain.

Just think... 4 #10 screws holds in some pretty fat rack modules by the ears.

If he was attaching something to the plate with one or two 1/4 - 20 screws, I could see it.

24 holes, however, likely makes it a lid for something.

We haven't heard the plate size though, so it could be a big Olympic sized pool cover for all we know. He uses a crane to raise and lower it on and off the pool. :-) (a sky crane).

That's where he brews his beer. :-)

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

The AET / AEW type are what we used.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

--
Actually, only the bottom two are working.

JF
Reply to
John Fields