"See-through" layers with GC-Preview?

Hello to All,

Is there a way in GC-Preview to switch the color on layers to a "see-through" mesh?

I found only solid colors as options and that often makes it difficult to see where a via connects to. You have to turn the upper layer off and back on which gets old if done a lot.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

This is something I wish a number of pcb packages would implement.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

At least gcprevue Version 8 had an option to view in the layers in different styles, one of them was "mix colors". Haven't used gcprevue for times however, gerbv is much easier to use in my eyes.

Uwe Bonnes

Hello Uwe,

It sure lets you mix colors almost to the degree that paint stores do. But not any patterns AFAICT.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Hello Graham,

That doesn't exactly bring up my hopes here :-(

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

We did this once at a client by taking individual layers somehow and turning them into TIFF ? files that can be made transparent and overlaying them.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Try using Viewmate (Free) from

It allows for a large color selection. You just have to pick a right combination. The have also recently introduced a cheapo $49 Gerber editor.

Regards,

Boris Mohar

void _-void-_ in the obvious place

Boris Mohar

Hello Boris,

Thanks, I'll give it a try. Just finished another debug session with the dreaded "hide layer" - "view layer" back and forth menu clicking. I just don't understand why they didn't include checkered layers. It's the only way to easily follow a signal that jumps between planes. Even the really old mainframe layout programs from the 80's had that.