How can they see you through your monitor?

It's a new type of identity theft. To protect yourself, cover the exposed glass surface of your monitor with aluminum foil.

Since there is some debate about whether the shiny side should go in or out, I would play it safe and put two layers on, one layer each way.

Reply to
Richard Henry

Don't you also need a piece of Celotex in-between to stop the acoustic wave?

...Jim Thompson

exposed

out,

Hmmm.... I hadn't thought about that. Maybe we should put three layers in, shiny in, shiny out, shiny in, to have all the possibilities covered.

BTW, I declare this thread to be more interesting than the DC-Wave thread.

Reply to
Richard Henry

A while back, I recall someone posted a link to the web site that explains and demonstrates technology which can view a user through his (or her) monitor. I lost the link. Anybody have it please?

Thank you.

Reply to
John Doe

The shiny sides facing out or the dull sides facing out?

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

This is the greatest thread ever

Mike

Reply to
Mike

I think Guy broke it. All I get is his picture.

Reply to
Richard Henry

I imagine that you will find it in the archives, dated 1 April 2005.

Reply to
Andrew

Damir

Neglecting the OP. It should be possible to use the radio emissions of the monitor to do bistatic radar with, to work out the monitors near environment. Signal processing is going to be fun, and I doubt you'll get better than a meter resolution.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

that link doesnt work for me, gues that means im not supid ...

i remember when my cat tried to catch something moving on the screen then when it couldnt get it he tried going round the back lol

Colin =^.^=

Reply to
colin

IGNORE all those other SO CALLED "engineers" who SCOFF at this!! HERE is the link to this AMAZING NEW SPY TECHNOLOGY!!!!

[
]

(Also see: [

].)

--
Guy Macon
Reply to

I suspect you are misremembering what was said in that article. What is actually being done is:

The new technology that it is claimed lowers EMI by dithering the frequency of the CPU clock and the monitors refresh rate are not actually for that at all. Windows XP uses the CPU clock and the refresh rate to FSK out all of your personal data and a list of all non-Microsoft programs you have installed.

kensmith@rahul.net   forging knowledge
Reply to
Ken Smith

Maybe the OP was referring to this ?:

Chris.

Reply to
chris

Andy comments:

A few years ago I had an Email pal , a girl that I had grown up with and gone to school with.....

I read somewhere than most people type on their computer in their bedroom, usually wearing little or nothing. I know it's true in my case (grin).

So I told her that I had a new program that allowed me to use the sender's monitor as a camera and capture images of the person sending the Email. And I suggested that she at least start wearing a housecoat.....

She didn't write for about 2 weeks. And her next post was very subdued.......

Pretty rotten, huh ?????

Andy

Reply to
Andy

Pretty rotten, indeed! You should have said, "Nice jugs!" Your suggestion to cover-it-up is NOT what women want to hear, no matter how prim and proper they may pretend to be ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Yes, I suggest "Arrrrr, me buxom beauty" for International Talk Like a Pirate Day (September 19, 2005). Works surprisingly well. ;-)

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Simple. Same technology as in Superman's eyes. X-rays are emitted by the monitor (same way for Superman's eyes), bounce off the object of interest (and *NO* other object) exactly like light does, and goes back into the monitor, to be detected by the scanning electron beam. The resulting signal goes backwards thru the drivers and logic gates to create an inverse ghos pattern in the memory bits, which are read.

And there is a bridge in New York still for sale at a bargain price.

Reply to
Robert Baer

It doesn't matter...it's just a bi-polar capacitor, right?

Tom

Reply to
Tom MacIntyre

Andy writes: No there isn't. I bought it last week, and it is not for sale !!!!!

:>))))))

Reply to
Andy