Searching for Spice Model - National LM35

Anyone have a reliable spice model for the LM35 temp sensor they would want to share? Thanks... Jim

Reply to
Jim Flanagan

Colin posted one way.

If you just want the mathematical equivalent just use a behavioral voltage source:

Etemp node1 node2 Value = {(TEMP-273)*10m}

in PSpice, other "Spices" may use "B" sources and/or possibly use '..' instead of {..} for expression delimiting.

...Jim Thompson

This model will simulate the temperature dependent output of an LM35, depending on the temperature setting in SPICE.

It is suitable for Linear Technology Corporation SwitcherCAD.

There is no simulation of the LM35 power supply, or any detail of the internal circuit (which you didn't mention, anyway).

*SPICE Simulation of National Semiconductor LM35 Precision Centigrade Temperature Sensor *
  • X1 1 LM35
  • ..subckt LM35 Out
  • Simulation of National Semiconductor LM35 Precision Centigrade Temperature Sensor
  • By Colin Seymour
*
  • Spec for LM35 connected as Full-Range Centigrade Temperature Sensor:
  • Vout = +1500 mV at +150°C
  • = +250 mV at +25°C
  • = -550 mV at -55°C
*
  • Current source I1 and resistor R0 create a voltage source
  • with a linear temperature coefficient tc1
  • controlled by the SPICE temperature
  • R = R0 * (1. + dt * tc1)
  • where R0 is the resistance at the nominal temperature
  • dt is the difference between the resistor's temperature
  • and the nominal temperature TNOM
  • LM35 tempco = 0.01 V per degree C I1 0 N001 1 R0 N001 0 1 tc1=0.01
*
  • Current source I2 and resistor R1 create a similar voltage source
  • with the same linear temperature coefficient, but the temperature
  • is fixed at zero C, which is the reference temperature
  • for the LM35 I2 0 N002 1 R1 N002 0 1 tc1=0.01 TEMP=0
*
  • G1 and R2 subtract the reference voltage from the
  • temperature dependent voltage to obtain a temperature
  • dependent output with zero at the reference temperature
  • for the LM35.
  • The output impedance is set to 0.1 ohms to match the
  • dynamic impedance of the LM35 for a 1mA load G1 0 Out N001 N002 10 R2 Out 0 0.1 ..ends

  • Simulation commands to plot the operating point

  • over a temperature range ..step temp -55 150 5 ..OP ..print V(1)

..end

There are more details and downloadable files at:

Colin Seymour

recently I found one on

but don't know how accurate this model is.

Reply to
nyffeler

Duh! That's Colin's that he posted here on 4/24 ;-)

...Jim Thompson