Easy PC library required

I've just started using EasyPC.

Does anyone have (or know where i can get) a library for standard 5.00mm pitch connectors, screw terminals, sockets, plugs (ie from Pheonix, Weidmuller etc..) The standard and the pro library has none of these.

Thanks,

Keith

Reply to
Keith Rathband

I don't know of any, but components are really easy to create in EasyPC. Since you're new to it, a few connectors are ideal practice!

(1) Create the schematic component- just lay down a pad (x), a bit if wire and circle or a sausage if you line them. Copy it n times - start with the smallest connector, say 2 way, and work up, adding an extra copy each time. Each time you create one, save the result to the library (your own library- otherwise it might get squogged if you update) under a suitable name (2 Way, 3 Way etc. etc.) - you can share these between different kinds of components later, so no need to be too specific. Just make sure the numbering is sequential in the order you want it- renumber if necessary.

(2) Create the footprint in your new PCB library. Add a pad, modify it to the size specified in the manufacturer's data sheet. Best to set the grid to the technology used- 5mm in this case- then position the pad, then set the relative origin to the pad centre- all because EPC won't snap the origin to the pad. Draw the outline round it. Proceed as before, adding pads, stretching the outline and saving, till you've got the family. Remember to renumber if necessary as before.

(3) Create the components - mate up the schematic to the package for each one, just assign pins 1-1 then save to (your) library.

Done! Usually, including the time searching for the data on the web, faster than trying to find a readymade library!

One word of warning if you are new to EPC: SAVE ALL at frequent intervals, especially in PCB edit. Saves much swearing and possibly even your eternal soul.

EasyPC were going to set up a repository for people to post their libraries in, but it never happened.

Paul Burke

Reply to
Paul Burke

Hi Keith..

Designers tend to create their own sets of libraries for particular customer jobs or as their own standard library, these are often a collection of different types of components. If you would like to email us with the specific component(s) you require we will see if we have it within one of our libraries.

Steve Kearns

ps: I assume you are using version 8.0.12

sci.electronics.cad - 6412 messages and counting!

Pro-R