Remove Protel DXP 30-day demo?

I am trying to clean up my hard drive a bit and found a long-expired version of protel dxp.

I cannot find an "unwise.exe" file in any of the directories. And when I try to use the Windows "Add/Remove Program" feature, there is no button to remove the application.

I did a search for this topic, but i can't seem to find anyone else having problems uninstalling protel's dxp from his/her computer.

-Mike

Reply to
valemike

The effective way to get rid of it at this point is to reinstall it thru Add/Remove Programs, then uninstall it. You could use something like this and post your results: http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:87hoL3F0VD8J:pricelesswarehome.org/2005/PL2005SYSTEMUTILITIES.php+during-installation-of-*-new-software-*+create-a-snapshot-of-your-system-before+and-*-*-*-after-install

Dontcha just love Windoze?

Reply to
JeffM

http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:87hoL3F0VD8J:pricelesswarehome.org/2005/PL2005SYSTEMUTILITIES.php+during-installation-of-*-new-software-*+create-a-snapshot-of-your-system-before+and-*-*-*-after-install

Thanks Jeff, but I already just deleted the folder, all 626MB of it. in fact, i've been uninstalling a lot of stuff, so i can track what i really need, and then one day, just re-install windoze fresh.

I did try downloading some utilities for fixing the registry, but none of them even detect the Protel demo application. So i figured since the registry doesn't see it, then what harm would it be to just delete it, then maybe some registry fixer may now see the hidden remnants of an app that isn't there anymore, and fix that. Oh well! All that matters is that the rest of the computer still works.

-Mike

Reply to
valemike