ERROR_INVALID_PIN in gschem

I am attaching a netnames and when I netlist, I get a whole bunch of ERROR_INVALID_PIN errors. Can someone tell me what is going wrong ? Thanks

-Rahul

  • Spice netlist V3 Vin 0 pulse 0 35 0u 25n 25n 25u 500u V2 O2 0 pulse 0 35 25u 25n 25n 25u 50u V1 O1 0 pulse 0 35 0n 25n 25n 25u 50u C4 0 b4 270e-12 C3 0 b3 270e-12 C2 0 b2 270e-12 C1 0 b1 270e-12 M15 O1 12 b2 ERROR_INVALID_PIN ERROR_INVALID_PIN ERROR_INVALID_PIN tft0 l=9e-6 w=4.8e-3 M16 b2 O2 0 ERROR_INVALID_PIN ERROR_INVALID_PIN ERROR_INVALID_PIN tft0 l=9e-6 w=2.4e-3 M13 O2 O2 12 ERROR_INVALID_PIN ERROR_INVALID_PIN ERROR_INVALID_PIN tft0 l=9e-6 w=300e-6 M14 12 9 0 ERROR_INVALID_PIN ERROR_INVALID_PIN ERROR_INVALID_PIN tft0 l=9e-6 w=1.2e-3 M11 O2 11 b1 ERROR_INVALID_PIN ERROR_INVALID_PIN ERROR_INVALID_PIN tft0 l=9e-6 w=4.8e-3
Reply to
rahul

: I am attaching a netnames and when I netlist, I get a whole : bunch of ERROR_INVALID_PIN errors. Can someone tell me what is : going wrong ?

What SPICE netlister are you using? The preferred one is spice-sdb. Do this from the command line:

gnetlist -v -g spice-sdb -o mydesign.cir mydesign.sch

the -v flag will cause gnetlist to spew verbose debug info, which you can use to track down problems.

: M15 O1 12 b2 ERROR_INVALID_PIN ERROR_INVALID_PIN ERROR_INVALID_PIN tft0 : l=9e-6 w=4.8e-3

Also, please post your .sch file, since that can also help us understand where gnetlist fails for you.

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart Brorson

I was having multiple instances of same components and that was giving me the problems. I am still struggling getting the subckt to work inside gschem. Can you tell me what is quick way of creating a symbol and a subckt

Thanks

-Rahul

PS: Also is there a way to get rid of that name Bas Gieltjes coming on my netlist. People think I am copying someone's work here. Who is this narcissist.

Stuart Brors>

Reply to
rahul

rahul wrote: : I was having multiple instances of same components and : that was giving me the problems. I am still struggling : getting the subckt to work inside gschem. Can you tell : me what is quick way of creating a symbol and a subckt

  1. Use spice-sdb. That will fix many of your problems & wil get rid of Bas's name in your netlist.

  1. Embedding a .subckt into your desing is covered in this part of the online gEDA/SPICE HOWTO:

Scroll down to the bottom of the page.

  1. For better help, post your .sch files.

Stuart

: Thanks : -Rahul

: PS: Also is there a way to get rid of that name : Bas Gieltjes coming on my netlist. People think I am : copying someone's work here. Who is this narcissist.

: Stuart Brorson wrote: :> rahul wrote: :> :> : I am attaching a netnames and when I netlist, I get a whole :> : bunch of ERROR_INVALID_PIN errors. Can someone tell me what is :> : going wrong ? :> :> What SPICE netlister are you using? The preferred one is :> spice-sdb. Do this from the command line: :> :> gnetlist -v -g spice-sdb -o mydesign.cir mydesign.sch :> :> the -v flag will cause gnetlist to spew verbose debug info, which you :> can use to track down problems. :> :> : M15 O1 12 b2 ERROR_INVALID_PIN ERROR_INVALID_PIN ERROR_INVALID_PIN tft0 :> : l=9e-6 w=4.8e-3 :> :> Also, please post your .sch file, since that can also help us :> understand where gnetlist fails for you. :> :> Stuart

Reply to
Stuart Brorson