Protel file strategy

What is the proper/efficent way to create projects and where to store them on my hard drive. For instance, I created a folder called "Projects" and under that sub folders for each job: "ABC", "XYZ" etc. However, when I save project, many files still are in root folder "Projects".

In "Preferences" from main menu, I chose "Default Location" "Document Path" to create my "Projects" folder.

I do not fully understand the concept of "Workspaces" and "Projects", and consequently, this makes it difficult for me to chose a folder to do a total backup to CD or memory card.

What is the best way to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Ivan

Reply to
Ivan

Ivan, Can't help this time since I know that DXP's storage system is definitely different than I am used to.

--
Sincerely,
Brad Velander

For starters you should be asking this question in the protel DXP group.. from the protel web site. There is a wealth of info there and a whole team of users to give support.

Workspace is a group of projects... i.e what you have open on your desktop.

When you save a project.. or create a new one.. you have to make sure the initial directory is in the correct place, after that it is easy to move but a little annoying.

I wouldn't play around with the defaults too much.. that's always a grief with Protel.

Simon

Reply to
Simon Peacock