pcb pooling for BGAs

Guys

In the uk we have easy access to PCB-pool and PCB train. These companies provide prototypes where the tooling is shared amongst multiple designs.

However, neither service provides the design rules to fan out a 1mm pitch pcb. Does anyone know of a company providing this service for such pcb rules? The problem is that the anti-pad is too big and you can't route between them when they are 1mm apart.

Any pointers appreciated.

Regards

Colin

Reply to
colin_toogood

How many layers are you using? You will need at least 6 layers for most BGAs to route them successfully.

Reply to
Leon

Six it is. You can route out on top, bottom and two inner layers, leaving 2 for ground and a split power.

So, to ask my question more accurately. What's the cheapest manufacturer in europe or the states to build a single 3 inch square pcb with design rules to allow a grid of vias on 1mm pitch with six layers?

Colin

Reply to
colin_toogood

Did you look at

Uwe Bonnes

I've just taken a look. They would be perfect if I could buy one pcb from them, but they insist on two. If I could buy one then it would be a simillar price to pcbtrain but with the design rules I need.

Anyone else out there?

Colin

Reply to
colin_toogood

At very low volumes, it is not uncommon for the 1x price to be little more than double the 2x price, and a spare proto board is often handy to have....

Reply to
Mike Harrison