LTSpice/ LM7301

When I try to use the model for the LM7301 in LTSpice, I get "unknown subcircuit"- any ideas/ fixes anyone?

PB

Reply to
Paul Burke

Hello, Paul! You wrote on Fri, 30 Nov 2007 09:29:16 +0000: PB> When I try to use the model for the LM7301 in LTSpice, I get "unknown PB> subcircuit"- any ideas/ fixes anyone?

PB> PB

Without knowing exactly how you invoked the model I can only guess, but did you notice that the model is called ".subckt LM7301/NS"? Either delete the "/NS" in the model file, or else you must call it as LM7301/NS. With best regards, Brett Holden. E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@bellsoh.net

Reply to
Brett Holden

Right click over your model for it in the schematic and select 'prefix'. = Add an X to the beginning of the name.

Now your part knows to use a subcircuit.

Also see:

David Gravereaux

Thanks to those who replied; though the suggestions didn't solve the problem. The actual trouble was the the file is called LM7301.mod, but in the file the subcircuit is called LM7301/NS. Changing it to plain LM7301 fixes it.

PB

Reply to
Paul Burke

Hello Paul,

LTspice accepts any file. Even "LM701.123" will be Ok as long as you use the full file name either in the symbol or in an ".include filename" in your schematic.

Best regards, Helmut

A lot of similar examples are in the Files section of the LTspice user group.

Helmut Sennewald

Hello, Paul! You wrote on Mon, 03 Dec 2007 10:17:03 +0000:

PB> Paul Burke wrote: ??>> When I try to use the model for the LM7301 in LTSpice, I get "unknown ??>> subcircuit"- any ideas/ fixes anyone?

PB> Thanks to those who replied; though the suggestions didn't solve the PB> problem. The actual trouble was the the file is called LM7301.mod, but PB> in the file the subcircuit is called LM7301/NS. Changing it to plain PB> LM7301 fixes it. That's what I tried to explain.

With best regards, Brett Holden. E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@bellsoh.net

Reply to
Brett Holden

I mustn't have explained that very well. The problem wasn't including the file- it was that the name of the subcircuit inside the file was different from the root filename. Once I edited the file to make them the same , by changing the line

.SUBCKT LM7301/NS 3 2 4 5 6

.SUBCKT LM7301 3 2 4 5 6

it was OK.

Reply to