New Designer joins group

I'd like to say hello to everyone here... I hope that you all had happy holidays.

Unfortunately, I had surgery a few weeks ago, and am presently only able to lay on my back or sit in a reclining chair. I happened to find this group and thought it would be a good way for me to pass some time, share some of my experience, and learn a few things from the others who may be here.

Please don't be shy about contacting me to say hello. I'll be laid-up for at least a month, and will be glad to hear from you !

All the best,

Jean Lestrale

lestrale

I hope 2007 is a better year for you!

Heal fast!

Reply to
Charles Schuler

Oh, and if you are really looking for fun stuff at no cost, check out:

Charles Schuler

Hello Jean,

Happy new year jean. Which tool you use to design PCBs?

Manu

snipped-for-privacy@dakotacom.net wrote:

Reply to
Manu

And of course

Ian

Reply to
Ian Bell

Thanks to Charles and Ian for the replies and the links. I'll check them out later today. Got to see the doctor this morning.

Manu, I use Orcad SDT v3.11 for schematics and Tango PCB Plus v2.22 for the layouts. You can find a lot of details on my website.... I know my tools are older, but they work so well that I just don't see any need to change them.

All the best,

Jean

lestrale

There's a user group for the old DOS Orcad programs. For the more modern versions of SDT, someone has made new VESA drivers that work well for high resolution monitors.

Recently, the founder of Orcad has joined our group.

--
Mark
Reply to

Our Christmas was great but I am sorry to hear that your's wasn't this time. Hopefully you'll have a good recovery and that the surgery really heals whatever it was intended to fix.

When a back problem flattened me two Christmases ago I used that forced bed time to brush up on stuff I hadn't used in a while. In my case that was re-learning a few portions of C and some assembler tricks. This time it would probably be Cypress' PSoC Express.

Oh, we are definitely not shy around here :-)

Same to you, especially for your recovery.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to