Kicad

I have started a yahoo group for users of the excellent free EDA package Kicad so users can ask questions, swap tips and suggest improvements. You can find the group at

Ian

Reply to
Ian Bell

Speaking of Kicad, has anyone used it under WinME? I'm told that it has not been tested under WinME, but should work.

Dave,

Reply to
Dave Boland

Why have a Yahoo group when this one seems fine? You'll perhaps note the irony that you announced the Yahoo group in this one, presumably because it has a good following of interested people. If that is the case, why...?

Dave,

Reply to
Dave Boland

I've always hated Yahoo groups, because of the cumbersome sign in process. I have multiple personalities, because of password and other login probelms, and I still usually can't get it to work.

Paul Burke

Reply to
Paul Burke

I belong to many yahoo groups. I have a single ID and have either individual or summary emails sent to me. No need to sign in unless you want to change something.

Ian

Reply to
Ian Bell

Hello Paul,

A Yahoo group has at least three big advantages.

  1. They keep the messages forever.

  1. Members can upload files. The storage limit is 20MBytes for files and 30MBytes for pictures.

  2. The group can be kept ontopic because there is a moderator.

Best regards, Helmut

Reply to
Helmut Sennewald