[EDA] Kicad User Group

Kicad is an powerful, easy to use, open source, cross platform schematic capture and PCB layout package. The Kicad User Group is just over a month old and already has over 100 members. Check out Kicad at:

It's free and runs on both Windows and Linux.

Ian

Reply to
Ian Bell

Did you consider NOT multi-posting this?

JeffM

No, I just picked the groups I thought might be interested in it and posted the same message to each.

Ian

Reply to
Ian Bell

Wow, I had enough problems trying to download or purchase this software. I really wanted to give it a try and see how it compared with Orcad, but the website is so confused that I found it difficult to do so.

If t their website is this confusing, what does this tell prospective customers who likely will have to deal with the product 8 or 10 hours a day. Me thinks I will continue using Orcad until something better and easier to use come around.

Harry C.

Reply to
hhc314

I didn't have any problem downloading or installing.

I'll give it a test drive with a live board later today.

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS

You don't need to purchase it, it is *free*.

It is one of the most straightforward sites I have seen. You just select the download section in the left hand panel and away you go. Can't get much simpler than that.

Ian

Reply to
Ian Bell