Easy-PC

Hi!

Any users of Easy-PC (Number One Systems) in this newsgroup? I would like to post a question on Pad shape editing.

RK

Reply to
rk7

Hi Leon,

I have two questions:

  1. I am trying to design a footprint for a SOT-89 package, With Easy-PC (v 8.0.11) you can only select one of a few pad shapes- Rectangle, Round, Square, Oval & Bullet. Is there any way I can define my own pad shape and add to this list ?

  1. I am trying to connect a 40 thou wide track perpendicularly to a 25 X

80 rectangular pad . When I drag the track and click on the pad, the center point of the rounded end of the track ( of radius 20 thou) snaps to the center point of the 25 X 80 pad. This causes a 'dome' shaped over extension of the track beyond the pad of 20 - (25/2) = 7.5 thou. If I try to do a segment edit of the track, it never grabs the end, always splitting the track just short!

I hope I have explained myself clearly, and I thank you for trying to help me.

RK

like

Reply to
rk7

I used it for years (I now use Pulsonix) and can probably help. I've got a copy of the latest version. What is the problem?

Leon

--
Leon Heller, G1HSM
http://www.geocities.com/leon_heller

No, though they tell me they are thinking of introducing hexagons too. It's an annoyance, as you could create a pad of odd shape by concatenating several pads, but then it doesn't get attached to the netlist from the schematic. Though you can add it by hand on the PCB, every time you update from the schematic the connection gets deleted. I've asked them to change this, but their software guys don't do PCBs, so it's difficult to get them to understand. Perhaps you could ask too- the more people ask for a feature, the more likely it is to happen. I'd like to be able to put tracks in footprints too.

Push the track sideways off the pad. This will leave a segnemt to the centre of the pad. Change this segment to 25 wide, then push it the corner back to just before the pad. Beware of the problem (bug?) of a tiny segment just in the middle of the pad that you can't get rid of!

Paul Burke

Reply to
Paul Burke

No. One can create one's own pad shapes in Pulsonix, but it costs a lot more. You could always edit the Gerber file, but this can be tricky. I had a look at the SOT-89 footprint (Pulsonix includes it); it uses rectangular pads, so I can't see the problem.

You'll have to use a narrowed track segment to connect to the pad, if you don't like the 'dome'.

Leon

Reply to
Leon Heller

Let us know of the problem/query and we will do our best to assist..

Steve Kearns

sci.electronics.cad - 6412 messages and counting!

Pro-R