Identifying a Connector ...

Does anyone know for sure who the manufacturer is, of the 2.5mm pin-pitch box connectors on the Vestel PW15 series power supplies used in many makes of LCD TV ( Hitachi, Toshiba, Sanyo etc) ? They are the type with a recess cut into one side of the box, and which take a plug with a polarising bump at each end, set the same distance apart as the recess. Large variety of 'ways' from a couple right up to 13 or more. Pins are also offset closer to one long face of the box, than the other, so this, along with the bumps and the recess, ensure that a plug can only be inserted into a socket, the right way round.

There doesn't seem to be any manufacturers name or logo on them that I can see, and although I've found some 2.5mm examples in catalogues, none that are exactly enough the same, to be useable with existing connectors.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

No particular experience of this equipment, but JST and JAE are both popular manufacturers of connectors in Japanese equipment; maybe worth checking out their catalogues. Martin

--
martinwhybrowntlworldcom
Reply to

Could it be this:

If so, Digikey has 'em.

Reply to
JW

Hi Smitty. I'm pretty sure that it's 2.5 rather than 54. I measured across a

7 pin one, and it was exactly 15mm as near as you could see. I know the odd .04 would only make a difference of another quarter mm, but I figured that you would see that. I'll get out the digital calipers today, and see if I can measure it accurately. I'll try and get a couple of pics put up somewhere as well.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Thanks Martin - I'll take a look. Do you happen to know a UK stockist ?

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

A - Ha ! That looks pretty damned close if not exact ! Now all I need to do is find a stockist in the UK ... Thanks for the pointer.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

I got some of this connector as samples from the manufacturer, and it is the right one. I have now identified it in the Farnell catalogue, so a good result all round. Now if only I could get the cost of the crimp tool down from 186 quid ...

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

I've had this particular tool for 20+ years that does just about everything that I need, including the pins from the connector above. It's marked Winchester Electronics cat. No. 107-0656. Nothing fancy, I paid about $18 USD which translates to about 9 quid or so.

Whether it can still be found is another matter, Google didn't reveal much. It has openings very much like Digikey AV4999-ND. $50 USD/25 quid. Hope this helps.

Reply to
JW

Thanks for that. I'll try some research ...

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily