Compaq Aero 8000 Handheld PC Pro help

Maybe one of you guys can help since I've been unable to extract any info from Compaq's/Hp tech no-support. I've got Compaq Aero 8000 Handheld PC Pro. Just installed a brand new battery (Compaq Li-Ion Battery Extra Power). After connecting to AC power, the hanheld works but the battery is not being charged. When I plug the thing into docking station, the battery is being re-charged.

My questions are: Does anyone know what can be wrong? Is the battery charging system in the docking station the same as in the palmtop itself? Where can I find some schematic diagrams for the charging systems in the palmtop and the docking station? And finally, how to open the darn thing?

Thanks

Reply to
daltext