DRC errors when switching tools

Hi All,

Good morning. I am working on a project where I have to use some layouts designed in Tanner tools. I converterd the layouts to gds format and imported them back in cadence and so far so good! Everything imports fine.

The DRC errors I am getting when I run a DRC on the layouts imported confuses me a little. The first error was "Edge not on grid". I displayed grid lines on my design window and I can see them off grid.

Why so, I am not able to figure out. I tried to find information about it online...but nothing seems to help.

The second error was "active contact size, exactly: 0.60 x 0.60 um", SCMOS Rule 6.1.

I can see that both these DRC failures correspond to submicron design rules. The layouts in Tanner were originally in AMI ABN 1.5u and it was saved to AMI C5 0.5u gds file. Now, the DRC I am using has submicron rule design check.

Is there a way to fix these errors without having to redesign the complete layouts? Is there any setting or changes I have to incorportate?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot and Warmest Regards, Saran

Reply to
Saran

I think you first need to find out how they got off grid in the first place ....

You state that you started with AMI ABN 1.5u. What is the database grid here?

You converted to AMI C5 0.5u. What is the database grid here?

If the second grid was an exact subset of the first grid, then everything will stay on the grid. (But may not be DRC correct.)

Since you get off grid errors, this may be the beginning of your problem.

I have written several custom tools to aid in this type of translation, but it is not easy.

You can use a combination of strategies.

All of this depends on the layout style going in.

(My best success was to translate cell libraries with a different strategy from routing and custom blocks)

Good Luck

-- Gerry

Reply to
Gerry Vandevalk