Auto place with dxp

Calculate the X and Y coordinates for the center of each LED, and place them manually. This will be easier if you create a special footprint fo rthe LED, with the reference position in the center of the LED, rather than on one of the pins. The position of a placed component can be "fine-tuned" on hte component edit form.

--
Peter Bennett VE7CEI
email: peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca

Hello I would place 25 LED's on a circle. I have DXP 2004 but i see no way to do it. Has anyone a solution ? thanks

Reply to
Patrice

That's what I did when I had to lay out 32 LEDs in a circle.

It's easy to write a little program to calculate the centers (and rotation angle is you want to rotate the footprints), or just use a spreadsheet. Copy and paste 50 or 75 values takes little time.

And yes, I did create a footprint with 0,0 in the center!

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Simplest way... work out the angle ... 360 / 25 = 14.4 degrees Place one component where you want the LED to be with the correct designator minus 1 then copy it with the origin of the copy set to the centre of the circle paste special... -> paste array -> circular -> 14.4 degrees, 25 item count OK then click on the centre of the circle twice ...

25 leds will appear overwriting the first which will need to be removed :-) then just tidy the designators etc.

Simon

Simon Peacock

Thank you, easier should not be possible

Reply to
Patrice