EDA tools, like schematics/PCB CAD /circuit simulator for OS/2?

Hi.

Are there any EDA tools (schematics drawing program, PCB drawing, circuit simulator) program that works on OS/2?

[]s

-- Chaos Master®, posting from Canoas, Brazil - 29.55° S / 51.11° W

"People told me I can't dress like a fairy. I say, I'm in a rock band and I can do what the hell I want!" -- Amy Lee

Running on: 300MHz Pentium, 128MB RAM, 8.4GB HD, 56k modem, Windows 98 SE Mozilla Firefox 1.0, Gravity 2.70, Wget as downloader

Reply to
Chaos Master

:>Hi. :>

:>Are there any EDA tools (schematics drawing program, PCB drawing, :>circuit simulator) program that works on OS/2?

About two years ago I tried Eagle

It has schematic/pcb only, no simulation; maybe someone has interfaced it to Linear Technology's simulator, you can ask at the newsgroups at news.cadsoft.de . It has a Win32 and Linux version, and the then-Odin wasn't up to the task (black icons and other problems), plus I recall having to use a Win98 machine to do the install. I still use Eagle, but boot to Linux on the same box to use it. If you try it and get it to work, I'd appreciate it if you let it be known here.

Mat Nieuwenhoven

Reply to
Mat Nieuwenhoven

There are some oldish versions of SPICE.

A bientot Paul

--
Paul Floyd                 http://paulf.free.fr (for what it\'s worth)
Surgery: ennobled Gerald.

:>On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 03:08:05 -0200, Chaos Master wrote: :>

:>:>Hi. :>:>

:>:>Are there any EDA tools (schematics drawing program, PCB drawing, :>:>circuit simulator) program that works on OS/2? :>

:>About two years ago I tried Eagle

It has schematic/pcb :>only, no simulation; maybe someone has interfaced it to Linear Technology's :>simulator, you can ask at the newsgroups at news.cadsoft.de . It has a Win32 :>and Linux version, and the then-Odin wasn't up to the task (black icons and :>other problems), plus I recall having to use a Win98 machine to do the :>install. I still use Eagle, but boot to Linux on the same box to use it. If :>you try it and get it to work, I'd appreciate it if you let it be known here.

I've now learned via c.o.o.a that Eagle works under OS/2. I've downloaded the Win32 version 4.13r1, installed it using unzip and Stix, running under Netlabs' latest Odin xp release from 20041231. Icon are still almost black, mousewheel doesn't zoom (have to use F3/F4), and printing has to be done via the CAM processor creating Postscript output (then use Ghostscript to print), but it works!

Mat Nieuwenhoven

Reply to
Mat Nieuwenhoven

try to modify ODIN\\system32\\ODIN.INI

.... [WinVersion] Version=Win2000 ....

Franz

Reply to
Franz Bakan

:>On 2005-01-11, Mat Nieuwenhoven wrote: :>

:>> I've now learned via c.o.o.a that Eagle works under OS/2. I've :>> downloaded the Win32 version 4.13r1, installed it using unzip :>> and Stix, running under Netlabs' latest Odin xp release :>> from 20041231. Icon are still almost black, :>.... :>

:>try to modify ODIN\\system32\\ODIN.INI :>

:>.... :>[WinVersion] :>Version=Win2000

Thanks, but it didn't help. Twiddling with os2look, UseWinColors and WinVersion in many combinations made very little difference: all buttons in e.g. the schematic editor have a black background.

Mat Nieuwenhoven

Reply to
Mat Nieuwenhoven

:>Hi. :>

:>Are there any EDA tools (schematics drawing program, PCB drawing, :>circuit simulator) program that works on OS/2?

I've just tried Linear Technology's SWCadIII simulation /schematic entry program using Odin xp release 2004-12-31 from Netlabs. It installs perfectly, looks perfect. I tried some schematic entry which seems to work, haven't tried simulation. It has no PCB layout capability. Print setup shows the proper printer but freezes the application, and help doesn't work (apparently Odin doesn't contain a Windows help format viewer).

Mat Nieuwenhoven

Reply to
Mat Nieuwenhoven