Where to get Flexible Flat Cable for scanner

My Canon 8400F scanner has a damaged flat flexible cable marked "Sumitomo-g awm 2896 80c vw-1 -F-". It has 6 pins, and is 450mm long.

I've searched Google for an hour and I'm no closer to finding an Australian (or even an overseas) supplier.

Any suggestions for suppliers I could try?

Thanks

James

Reply to
James

On Sat, 4 Apr 2009 07:49:10 +1100, "James" put finger to keyboard and composed:

Have you tried ...

IIRC they supply Lexmark scanner parts, but it might be worth asking if they support Canon scanners as well. Maybe there is a Canon MFC that uses the same flex cable.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

--
Posted at www.Usenet.com.au
Reply to

Try WES

Bottom of page 9

Colin

Reply to
Colin Horsley

Thanks Colin.

Those cables are all too short, but what a great catalogue! It's good to know there are shops like that around.

BTW - I gave up on the cable and bought a second hand scanner. It was cheaper than buying a new cable.

Regards

James

Reply to
James