Where to get psoc3

On cypress site there is an "out of stock" notice on sales page. Does anyone know where to buy any of psoc3 chip? They released new devel. software however only eval kits are available.

--
Regards
Robert Seczkowski

As far as I know its only available in sample quantities. Production ramps up Q4 2010

Regards

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus Kragelund

It was supposed to ramp in 2Q '09, then 1Q '10. Hint to the wise; forget a design-in until they actually do provide production hardware.

Reply to
krw

Anyone know why there's two different design suites, Designer for PSoC1, and Creator for PSoC3 and PSoC5?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

They're completely different products. My bet is that PSoC1 goes away, sooner than later.

Reply to
krw

Not sure about them going away, those are inside a ton of products that will be produced for a long time but might need the occasional feature change. I hope the pricing on the 3 and 5 series comes in favorably.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

I meant for new designs. From what they told me, the PSoC3, in particular, will be priced quite low; less than a buck for the small parts (in huge quantities). They were talking about

Reply to
krw

$3 for 5-10k? That's almost three times of what a CY8C21223 goes for.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

sooner

It wasn't a formal quote (it was well over a year ago, when they were still interesting). It was more on the order of "this is what we're paying for the function"...

Reply to
krw

Jeorge, As I understand it, the PSOC1 doesn't have the designed in debug and other tools that are now available for the PSOC3 and PSOC5, so they can't use the new Creator program. The new chips also seem to have a different set up for choosing pins and connections, so need the newer development suite. Too bad. If the PSOC1's had used a more robust debug interface, I probably would have used them instead of the PICs for the color reader...

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie E.

Still, it would have been good if they had integrated the old stuff into PSoC Creator. Else lots of people or whole EE departments might shy away and push out any migration. Along the lines of "let's not touch a running system" because they are afraid the software part might blow and they'd end up egg in the faces.