Skippy.

LMAO !

Wonder what they taste like.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Skippy WAS an obnoxious troll on several US newsgroups. He lost accounts with multiple ISPs, once for telephoning a church that was listed on my 'Computers for Disabled Veterans' website as a dropoff location, and making threats. The police blotter for his town lists multiple arrests, being banned from multiple businesses, and attempting to run over a woman after she told him to leave her alone. he was as destructive as a bunch of 'roos.

He sounds a lot like Phil. :(

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Notice to all employees:

In our continuing effort to conform to political correctness, we must
insist that all employees call a spade a shovel.

That is all.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

**Not my preference, but kangaroo meat is amongst the healthiest available. Very low in saturated fat. A little tricky to cook, but many people like the taste.
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

I would describe it as "very gamy" like Rabbit or very strong Venison. I also dislike the taste of both Roo and Emu and it is usually referred to as "road kill" or pet food.

A bit of trivia for everyone. Australia is the only country that kills and eats both its animals on it's coat of arms or national crest.

Cheers TT

Reply to
TT

For a bit of extra trivia, I googled coat of arms, and the first one I got to was: Antigua and Barbuda

which has a couple of deer on it.

states:

Fishing and Hunting ==================== Sportfishing, bonefish in Barbuda's Codrington Lagoon, hunting of deer, boar, various gamefowl on Barbuda. Licenses and gun permits must be obtained in Codrington Village. The Antigua and Barbuda Annual Sport Fishing Tournament is held in May of each year.

So they hunt deer, which is on their coat of arms. I would assume they would eat them if this is the case.

I didn't bother checking out another 200? countries. :-)

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap

Xbee Wireless Modules, and low cost Interface Boards.
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/xbee-boards.html
Reply to
Don McKenzie

The point I was trying to make was we have two different animals on our coat of arms and we eat both of them Your example, although it has two animals, are the same species. Now if it was a dear and a fish you would have winner ;-)

I personally have never checked it out ;-)

Cheers TT

Reply to
TT

I think it's pushing things a bit to say "we" eat kangaroos and emus. There may be some people that them but I don't know of anyone that eats emu on a regular basis. It may be edible but it doesn't mean people eat it.

Reply to
Davo

I must have a word to Coles & that butcher in Broome.......then again I thought it tasted like crap too :)

Reply to
Den

Tried Emu a couple of years back. tasted too much like "dirt/soil" to me. Didnt like. Cant remember what roo was like.

I saw something on the news about how someone reckons we should be eating roos instead of cows, as roos dont fart as much and therefore are better for the environment or some such crap.

Reply to
kreed

Another quick check:

Solomon Islands: Crocodile and a shark? :-)

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap

Xbee Wireless Modules, and low cost Interface Boards.
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/xbee-boards.html
Reply to
Don McKenzie

Canadians eat Maple Syrup

Reply to
Dave

and sometimes both the emblems on the coat of arms eat those that they represent....

Reply to
Den

Yeah? What do you expect from Canadians? ;-)

When they run out of syrup, they spend the winter in Florida.

If you have broadband, your ISP may have a NNTP news server included in your account:

The crazy, and the insane.

Michael A. Terrell

Rabbit is nothing like roo or emu and neither of those is like the other. Your credbility is TotallyTanked.

You need glasses

Reply to
terryc

What coud be fairer?

Reply to
terryc

Interesting. At one time you could buy rabbit in the supermarkets here and it made a great casserole. I wouldn't have descibed it as as gamey as venison though. More like chicken with a bit more flavour.

LOL. !

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

made a great

like chicken with a

Calicvirus?(sp?) Wild rabbit has more flavour that tame/factory rabbit. The battery raised stuff is fairly bland unless its pellets are supplemented by a wide range of herbs.

Dang, can not thing of anything elecytronically related to throw in except that the cmos came eventually made ot to the rabbit shed about 10 years after SWMBO stopped raising them.

Reply to
terryc

Do they eat both of them or do the emblems eat the populace: :-))

Cheers TT

Reply to
TT

When we were kids visiting the family farm during the school holidays, we always went spotlighting and ate the catch. The ones with myxo were left.

The more recent table feast were either purchased ones shared by a neighbour or one of swmbo'd (but she will deny this) raised ones. It went to the same neighbour who told her it died or got out of something, but soon after shared a rabbit dish he made . his sources were a mixture of wild and tame raised; hence the taste difference.

I think the last we saw in a super market was $20 each. Yer, right, how about a couple of roasts instead.

Sadly, the last time I was on the family farm, they were very thin on the ground.

Reply to
terryc