You Can’t Fake Authenticity

You Can't Fake Authenticity....

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | "Sarah Palin is to the left what sunlight is to a vampire." - Cal Thomas

snipped-for-privacy@ieee.org wrote in news:7ed4eec2-df45-467c-9674- snipped-for-privacy@p31g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

And have you noticed that, as she's been campaigning with McCain, she simply *repeats* her convention speech? It's like listening to an old- timey record that has a skip in it.

But c'mon, Bill, don't you think she's just as cute as a button? What more does she need?

Oh, there *is* talent in the Republican ranks - but as one person (dang I forgot who) had noted - McCain picked Palin because she was what *he* needed - but what *the nation* needed should have taken precedence over what *he* needed. He makes a lot of hay that he'd "rather lose an election than lose a war", but this stunt belies the foundation of such a statement.

The campaign knew damn good and well that teh peopel who weren't immediately and unquestioningly smitten with her, would be spending so much time trying to figure out who the hell she *is* that it'd take time aways from all otehr issues - away from looking into McCain's policies/record, and away from lsitening to Omaba's policies.

Pure cynecism. But I expected some sort of stunt - seven lobbyists in the ranks of his campaign chiefs; lobbyists are basically one-trick ponies - they work to convince politicians that one particular viewpoint is true, i.e., they *only* talk about the issue their paid (megabucks) to talk about. Not exactly indicative of "a breadth of knowledge".

So, not surprising that they went for a stunt, rather than selecting a highly-qualified and admired running-mate.

I'm an Independent, and to be honest, I was *hoping* McCain would select a great running mate. The fact is that there *are* some intelligent and respected Rebublicans. Don't think that the campaign "couldn't" find better talent - they could have, but they instead chose to play the (keep everybody busy with nonsense" card. IOW, they *chose* smoke and mirrors. Frankly, if I were a Republican, I'd be *very* pissed off that such a stunt was pulled, instead of them selecting a great running-mate - so it says something to me that so many of them are just falling for it hook, line, and sinker. Esp. this sudden adoption of Obama's "change" message. It doesn't bother any Republican that it's a complete abandonment of everything he'd been saying until they pulled Palin out of the hat?

Reply to
Kris Krieger

donald wrote in news:Xs- dnQ_zraOXyVrVnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

The question is, would they all have *really* just stayed home and let a Democrat be elected...? Did McCain *really* pick up more votes from Independents than he'd have supposedly lost if some Extremists had stayed home?

McCain should have (1) dumped the damn lobbyists and other Rovian neo- fascists from his campaign, (2) picked a running mate who has intelligence and expereince and talent, (3) stopped kissing up to failed Bush policies, and (4) been consistent with who he's said he is. All of this crap shows me that who he really is, is not who I thought him to be.

I'd been looking at him as a serious choice - but his tactics, and now this silly stunt, have turned me completely off.

Reply to
Kris Krieger

mpm wrote in news:afe3cf01-5d35-4859-bad0- snipped-for-privacy@i76g2000hsf.googlegroups.com:

[snip]

stayed

intelligence

policies

th

During lunch and working on some things, I put on the news. Lipstickgate, gawd. So now, anyone who says anything that uses or refers to "lipstick" is "automatically" referring to Palin. This childishness is sickening.

Especially since it was all peachy-keen and jim-dandy for McCain to use the exact same pig-lipstick phrase when referring to something Hillary had done.

I actually did soem searching on the pig-lipstick phrase. One comment I found, that IMO sums it up, was on

QUOTED: "Dan updated 4 hours, 13 minutes ago Ummm, I thought Palin was a self-proclaimed "bulldog"? One perceived jab and McCain's camp turns into a bunch yelping chihuahuas? That's credibility for you."

What astounds me is the *shrillness* or the "conservative" commentators I'm hearing. It's as though they think that using moer words, and as loudly as possible, makes them appear right or sensible. With all the screeching and squaling and so on, it's like eating lunch in the Rusty Hinge Test Facility.

Meanwhile, if Palin has to hide away, and let her various mouthpieces do all the talking, becasue she can't stand this, and can't even face up to Wolf Blitzer, uh, why is anyone supposed to believe she'd be able, if need be, to face up to Putin or Ahmidinejad?

Reply to
Kris Krieger

Clearly you were listening/watching left wing media. Otherwise you would have seen Sarah addressing a BIG rally with new material.

...Jim Thompson

  What\'s the difference between a horse\'s ass and Barack Obama?
                            Lipstick!