google maps street view

new today:

goto google maps:

type in your house address

if you are in a reasonably well trodden area: click on street view, and with the arrows in the photograph, you can navigate 3 or 4 houses at a time.

the street view button must be there, and a heavy blue line around the street.

I have a daughter living in a dead end court. Her property has 4 pictures in street view.

Another daughter living in Darwin NT, doesn't get a mention, in fact it looks like all of NT (Australia) doesn't get a mention.

Have fun,

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Don McKenzie

Nah, there's a bit of it there - zoom out to a whole-state view, click Street View and look at the blue-outlined bits. Looks like they turned off at Katherine and continued over to Broome (or came from). And they took the photos for Brisbane early this year at the latest.

mlp

Reply to
Mark L Pappin

New today??? Street view is over a year old now.

I'm in the DC area and we haven't been mapped yet even though I see more and more areas around us keep showing up. My Sister in Louisville KY got her home mapped many months ago. I grew up in Louisville and had fun visiting all my old hang outs with street view.

I'm still waiting for the live web cam version so you can see the earth in real time. :)

--
Curt Welch                                            http://CurtWelch.Com/
curt@kcwc.com                                        http://NewsReader.Com/

New today for Australia and Japan, but that wasn't the way it was announced here.

Apparently it has been available in France and the US for some time.

Pretty amazing anyway. A good friend of mine has his wife out the front watering the plants from a bucket, with laundry water. Water restrictions here in most of OZ right now.

Another says there is a dog crapping on his front lawn. And the dog's face isn't masked out either. :-)

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Don McKenzie

Wasn't it snowing in Sydney recently? What I saw looked like the snow here. It goes in one day.

Reply to
Lord Garth

Darn. They are mapping the rest of the world and still haven't gotten my house! :)

Yeah, if I only knew when the van was going to come by, I'd stand out and wave or do something else stupid for it. :)

I thought it might be fun to put a large date/time display on the roof so the next time they took a satellite picture I would have a good time stamp for when it happened. Same idea would work for the street view van if I put a display of some type out front.

--
Curt Welch                                            http://CurtWelch.Com/
curt@kcwc.com                                        http://NewsReader.Com/
Reply to
Curt Welch

Under sufficient zoom, the satellite view is actually from an airplane at about 3000 ft. My vehicle was visible outside my Mom's home in the pictures but a recent look shows that there has been an update and my vehicle is missing.

There was no street view at that time but I'll check again just for the fun.

Reply to
Lord Garth

Yes. I rented an apartment in New York for a week earlier in the year. I used Google street view to "walk down the street" and check it out. Saw that both a subway entrance and Starbucks was on the corner. Pretty cool stuff!

Regards,

--
Mark McDougall, Engineer
Virtual Logic Pty Ltd,
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Mark McDougall

Not much mention here either (Cameron Park, California). Ok, some folks say it's really only a truck stop but that ain't so.

What bugs me most is that since a few weeks the dang maps don't print out anymore. Only near-blank pages. Tried on different printers, none works with Google maps anymore.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Joerg

Thanks Don, was wondering when the Aussie version would come online, the Google Van went around quite some time ago. Sadly it missed my little cul-de-sac though.

It's been around for a while now but I still find Google street view simple amazing...

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

It must have been done a LONG time ago, Petrol is 131c/L !

Colin

Reply to
Colin Horsley

I heard the CEO OZ interviewed this morning on 3AW, says it was started in November.

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Don McKenzie

vigate

street.

es in

looks

I saw $1.33/L last night in Sydney. Happily paid $2.11 last week in WA for what was advertised as Australia's most expensive petrol, only to return home to hear someone we know paid $2.15 in Alice Springs the same week - damn, I was hoping for bragging rights.

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

How about painting "Google Sux" or similar on the roof? See if they pixilate it out?

Reply to
David R Brooks

Strange, they included our small (

Reply to
keithr

They included my town that has a population of just 69. They even included roads that are not sealed. That area doesnt even have arial photos, but it has street view.

Reply to
MisterE

Were not photographed yet, Still if we want pictures of the local Dope crops, the cops can supply them.

Reply to
bassett

**It's pretty good. I live in a backwater part of Sydney (no ASDL2+ yet) and my place is there. I wish I'd seen the vehicle that took the pictures.
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Apparently a bird in the US knew the vehicle, and lifted her top when it went past. :-)

Many other unusual stories starting to surface. Listening to radio 3AW this morning, they had people ringing in with the stories, and the for's and against.

Concerns about home security, ability to check out real estate properties and local schools/facilities, potential wealthy customers for large value purchases, see if a supplier has a real property, or just an office, or even a vacant block, is the potential girl friend wealthy, etc., etc.

The more thought you put into it, the more you can squeeze out of it.

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap