Screen for Panasonic TH-L32X30A - Scratched

Hi. Have been given a Panasonic TH-L32X30A tv to repair. Screen has deep scratch around 5cm long that shows as a white line when tv is on. Cost of new LCD panel is more than the cost of new tv.

Have read that using a rubber or vaseline may help to hide scratch.

Just wondered if anyone has a second hand screen available they may like to sell.

Thanks, Russell.

Reply to
Griff

Have you thought of asking a car windscreen repair company?

Peter

Reply to
Peter

Scratch or gouge? Does it appear white because the surface of the scratch area is not smooth?

Can you polish it smooth using toothpick & toothpaste/car polish to minimise the effect.

Reply to
Dennis

Sounds like it's penetrated the polarising film.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

If it shows white in a dark room the scratch has gone through the front polariser and possibly through the colour mask too.

these are both LCD componets with fine structure. neither is likely to be repairable.

--
?? 100% natural

Jasen Betts

I have an LCD TV that I picked up from the verge. It had been just chucked there and sustained a bad scratch, which did look quite white. I fixed the back light and tried Vaseline, and it works well. So it was not too deep then I suppose. I see the smudge when the TV is off, but when it is on I see next to nothing of the scratch. Looks just fine.

Tony

Reply to
TonyS

Thankyou to all who replied, might give the vaseline a try.

Russell.

Reply to
Griff

Must resist... MUST RESIST!!!!