Question about Projection television lamps?

How long will the lamps die out? And can I pick up a replacement lamp at my local best buy store or circuit city, or do I have to go to their official website and buy it from them?

Reply to
john.smith

If you call the manufacture service rep for your TV set, they can tell you where to buy replacement lamps locally. They may also be able to sell you directly. With many of these manufacture reps, you can give a credit card number over the phone, and they will ship the lamp directly to your place.

As for myself, I don't like rear screen TV sets. My preference is to have a nice flat panel display.

The new rear screen TV's coming out are supposed to soon be using high power LED technology instead of a lamp. This technology will last much longer, and works out to be much lower in cost in the end.

--

JANA
_____

"john.smith"  wrote in
message news:9cCdnUt-iveuciDbnZ2dnUVZ_siknZ2d@giganews.com...
How long will the lamps die out? And can I pick up a replacement lamp
at my local best buy store or circuit city, or do I have to go to
their official website and buy it from them?
Reply to
JANA

I had to deal with several of these when they first came out . We had no luck finding them outside a tv repair shop ordering them for us at aprox

300$ each . Prices vary now and many are available on ebay ( beware )

Do your homework before you buy one of these tv sets .. some of them were junk from the git-go .

I dont remember ever replacing a bulb in a Samsung set

Reply to
Ken G.

Like a plasma which burns? DLP rear projectors aren't perfect - but then neither is LCD or plasma.

--
*If we weren't meant to eat animals, why are they made of meat?

                  To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)