TV white line problem

I have a Panasonic 27" TV, Model# CTN 2766S, made in 1991. Happened just recently, there are many equally spaced white lines across the top of the TV screen. They form a bar about 3.5" wide. When the picture is dark, the lines are not obvious, but when the picture is light, the lines that form the bar gray the top area of the screen. I disconnected with the cable and VCR, and let TV run by itself. The lines have been persistent. So, I believe something must be wrong with my TV. The TV audio still sounds as good as usual. The TV has not been moved from the same safe location for years. The TV has been plugged in a surge protection extension all the time. I don't know how to fix it, and I am frustrated.

Could someone please help me and tell me how to fix it by myself? If I take it in for repair, the cost may be too high and may not be worth it. I love this TV and hope that I can salvage it. Please help. Thank you so much in advance!!!

Reply to
Self-starter

Self-starter ha escrito:

Do you have a DMM (Digital Multimeter)? Do you know how to use it? Besides changing a bulb, do you have some electronics experience?

If the answer to *any* of these questions is "no", you hace zero chance of fixing the TV yourself.

Reply to
lsmartino

Reply to
Art

No, I don't have a DMM. I have fixed many things myself before. I installed garage door opener myself. And recently, I have repaired microwave mini switches on my own. I have done some soldering at work but not at home. I am a mechanical engineer but I admit that I don't have experience in electronic circuits. I know some theories about the electronic components. If you tell me exactly what to change, I can mostly do it myself.

Thank you for your resp> Self-starter ha escrito:

Reply to
Self-starter

Reply to
DanFXR