SCART to Component Video

OK I know officially the SCART standard doesn't support component video but you can buy what are claimed to be SCART component video leads and some set top boxes allow you to configure the STB SCART output to component video out. In any event my son's STB with component video outs died recently so we pulled out and old AWA (Kaon Media) KTF 220 STB with such a configurable SCART port. After using the setup of the STB to switch I plugged in a SCART to component video cable from Altronics

) but no picture resulted. I' ve had no luck with this after juggling cable sand configurations so how "standard" are the SCART to component video cable configurations and should I really expect it to work?

--
Regards
Blue