Re: Australian/UK PAL compatibility - DVD player

> I'm trying to connect my UK DVD player to an Australian LCD TV, > without success. I get a "mode not supported" error.
** Check that you have not got the DVD player set to " progressive scan " mode.

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

can "

Hi Phil

Thanks very much for your quick response. The DVD players I have are the NAD T512 and the Samsung R130. I don't believe that either has a "progressive scan" mode.

Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks!

Reply to
nolanwolff

"Phil Allison"

Hi Phil

Thanks very much for your quick response. The DVD players I have are the NAD T512 and the Samsung R130. I don't believe that either has a "progressive scan" mode.

Is there anything else I can try?

** Well, first you gotta get the darn thing to show a pic on the screen - maybe by using an RCA lead a setting it to composite video mode. THEN see just what mode the DVD player IS set for.

Check the user manuals for the DVD players for any instructions about using an LCD TV.

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison