Australian/UK PAL compatibility - DVD player

Hello:

I'm trying to connect my UK DVD player to an Australian LCD TV, without success. I get a "mode not supported" error.

I've seen plenty of information about how the Australian and UK versions of PAL are different (i.e. PAL B/G vs PAL I). However, I've also seen information that this only applies to TV signals through the aerial.

I'm using a SCART to component cable to connect the DVD to the TV and from what I've read, considering that both the TV and the DVD player use PAL. there should be no incompatibility problems.

Can anyone confirm whether the PAL issue applies to DVD players too?

Thanks very much!

Reply to
nolanwolff