mobile phone battery

My Nokia mobile phone only charges to 1 bar even when having been charged for several hours.

What does this indicate? Is the battery simply dead? What could have caused this?

Reply to
fredeee

On Mon, 20 May 2013 16:20:39 +0800 fredeee wrote:-

New battery needed.

Reply to
<flatulantdingo

I could be the battery, the charger or the phone (but probably the battery).

Do you have access to another Nokia charger to eliminate that as the cause?

Do you have access to similar Nokia phone/battery to eliminate those as the cause?

Reply to
Rodwell

What is the phone model?

Reply to
Damian

Phone batteries have a finite lifetime.

Reply to
keithr

Goodplace to check for a new Nokia one is "Big W"

--
Petzl
I started with nothing and I am proud to say I still have most of it left

MUCH cheaper on the net.

That's one thing I have always loved about Nokias, they use very few battery designs, so they are always readily available and dirt cheap.

Reply to
Rod Speed

$2 to $5 for my htc diamond and lasted just as long as original. The nokias were a little bit dearer but a fraction of what they cost at the phone shop.

Reply to
F Murtz

a lot of the generic ones you get on eBay are crap tho

--
rgds,

Pete
-------
"If Julia is the answer, then what was the stupid question!"
Reply to
felix_unger

$2 for the N95.

I never did have any of the Nokia batterys die, and I kept each one for years too.

Yeah, so cheap from the net that the price is academic.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Haven't had any problem with any I have got.

And that includes a double capacity battery for the laptop too.

Reply to
Rod Speed

My missus needs a new battery for her Toshiba laptop. Last one I bought from ebay lasted 6 months. Have you a link for the vendor you have successfully used please?

Reply to
Geoff

Fraid not, that one is in an email on a machine whose hard drive fell on its face and I havent got around to recovering the old emails off that machine.

That was a few years ago now that I bought it. I have found that with stuff I try to buy again a few years later, that earlier supplier I was happy with is long gone. Just discovered that with cheap glasses from china.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Office in Chatswood,glasses from China.

F Murtz

I ended up with these

I particularly wanted the plastic nose bridge with metal frame rather than the pair of plastic things on little stalks.

The tracking says it should show up today.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Actually, I had fair bit of problems with those generic ones on ebay. Couple of them I bought was far worse than the dying battery. When I whinged about it, they send a replacement, and that was the same. I think you need some luck, not to end up with crappy cloned batteries.

Reply to
Damian

Never had one the exact size and they "fit" loose

--
Petzl
I started with nothing and I am proud to say I still have most of it left
Reply to
Petzl

I didn?t get them off ebay.

Nope, just enough of a clue to check the feedback if you use ebay.

Reply to
Rod Speed

All the ones I have got have been just as good as the original.

Reply to
Rod Speed

That's good one. I sometime tend to ignore it for cheap buys.

Reply to
Damian