hardware/development for mobile device

Hi,

Does anyone know what hardware device a mobile has? I want to start some software development for mobile phone hardware, but having difficulty finding the right one for me to start with. Can anyone please recommend a mobile device, contains a LCD like Nokia N91. If Nokia N91 is hard to program with, what other device is easier? Which system development kit I will have to use for mobile device programming?

Thanks Sam

Reply to
sam

What is the application ? There are industrial phones, without LCD. They tend to have an AT commandset and a GPRS interface. Some allow to receive/transmit SMS.

Rene

Rene Tschaggelar

Most modern cell phones have an Operating System which would provide the API for building applications on top of it. Unless you want to do hardware-related stuff, you should focus on the OS but not on the actual device/hard.

Matthias

Reply to
Matthias