Panasonic G520 mobile phone - dead battery or dead phone?

I bought a Panasonic G520 Mobile Phone a few years ago - I have always suspected the battery was had it, even from new.

When I charge the phone, the battery shows a full charge and will stay turned on in standby for hours - but when I try to dial a number the phone switches off as if the battery is flat, even though the charge is showing full bars. If I plug the charger in instead and then dial, the phone works fine.

I was thinking of purchasing a new battery but I'm not sure now... We've hardly ever used this phone - we wouldn't have even made an hour of calls on it - but I don't want to throw good money after bad either.

Anyone have any ideas how to find out if the fault is with the battery or the phone itself?

Allan.

Reply to
Just Allan

I had a case on a nokia where the contact module made bad contact with the circuitry. Cleaning the contacts fixed the phone. No idea if your phone also has a seperate piece with contacts.

Bart Bervoets "Just Allan" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to
Bart Bervoets