mobile without battery

I have an old Panasonic mobile. The battery is damaged and I want to use my mobile without the battery. When I remove the battery the phone doesn't work anymore. The battery has four contacts a + and - and R and S. I think the last two are for a built-in thermistor to control the temperature of the battery. I measured the resistance between R and S: 11.5 kilo ohm. When I short with a resistor the mobile won't work either. What am I doing wrong

Reply to
Laodice