Independents want NBN costs broken down into bite-sized pieces.

Windsor challenges Gillard on NBN price tag

Aug 25, 2010 4:22 PM Independents want NBN costs broken down into bite-sized pieces.

Independent MP Tony Windsor has challenged the Gillard government to provide "the real figure" for its broadband plan for Australia.

Windsor, one of five independent MP's likely to shape the leadership of the next Federal Government, told the National Press Club in Canberra that the $43 billion price tag for Labor's NBN plan is little more than a "figure that's bandied about."

"I haven't seen the real number," the member for New England said. "In fact, I think it's fictitious. We want to find out what the real number is. There should be a trail that leads us to that."

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Don McKenzie

LOL. Doesn't he know that the only real number is what it ends up costing. Anything else is a finger in the air.

Reply to
Noodnik