Hakko 926

History question: Would anyone happen to know when the venerable Hakko 926 soldering station was introduced? Pretty sure it was the 1980's, but no idea of the year. Anyone?

Thanks Dave.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
David L. Jones

Is that the exploding handheld one?.

Reply to
Mark Harriss

I've had my Hakko 926 since about '85 or '86. It is still going strong and is possibly the best soldering stations I've ever used. I have made sure a few years ago to purchase a supply of new tips for the iron before it becomes impossible to get them.

I also use the Hakko Future Product iron for lighter duty and fine pitch surface mount soldering. It works great too.

--
Michael Karas
Carousel Design Solutions