Hitachi MOSFET application note 1989

Hello All,

I am trying to get a copy of a application note by Hitachi for a MOSFET amp published in 1989. You probably have seen amps designed with the note's influence - the voltage gain stage is a long tailed pair (differential amp) driven from the input LTP. Just about all the recent AUS. magazine designs have used it.

Anyway, can anyone help with a link or a copy of this note? I have "googled" but all I can find is some sod who wants 12 Euro for someone else's work.

All help appreciated

David Eather

Reply to
David Eather

...and the part number would be??????

Reply to
Lord Garth

Sorry Lord Garth, I couldn't find a part number, hence the providing of a description

Reply to
David Eather

The only other detail I have is that the note was published for the MOSFETs 2SJ49 and 2SK134

Reply to
David Eather

On Sun, 05 Jul 2009 03:01:45 +1000, David Eather put finger to keyboard and composed:

Have you tried the Wayback Machine?

I've found a lot of documents in the archives that have disappeared from the live Web.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

"David Eather"

** It was first published a lot earlier than that.
** The other devices were 2SA970 and 2SC2240.

The original app note schematic was always hard to find on the net - I found a reproduction of it on a hobby web site by chance a few years ago.

No sign of it now.

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

I didn't know about the Wayback Machine - I gave it a good try but no joy.

Reply to
David Eather

On Sun, 05 Jul 2009 15:12:50 +1000, David Eather put finger to keyboard and composed:

Not many people are aware of it, even though it may potentially be a bigger resource than the Internet itself.

At the moment there is no text search, but you can find all the PDFs, for example, that were archived from a particular site over several years by using the Advanced Search options.

Try this:

*re_pd_sr_1nr_30/
*

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

:Hello All, : :I am trying to get a copy of a application note by Hitachi for a MOSFET :amp published in 1989. You probably have seen amps designed with the :note's influence - the voltage gain stage is a long tailed pair :(differential amp) driven from the input LTP. Just about all the recent :AUS. magazine designs have used it. : :Anyway, can anyone help with a link or a copy of this note? I have :"googled" but all I can find is some sod who wants 12 Euro for someone :else's work. : :All help appreciated : :David Eather

It was bloody hard to come by even back then. I only have a photocopy of it and there are 45 A4 pages in total. I have posted it to abse if that will help (1.9Mb PDF file)

Reply to
Ross Herbert

"Ross Herbert"

** Downloaded and read, amazing I've never seen it published anywhere before.

Shame there is no date on the doc, but since Hitachi first released their "power mosfets" better known as " lateral mosfets " back in 1977 - the actual publication date is close to then.

Must have been the most avidly read app note in history by audio power amp designers in the late 70s and beyond.

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Thanks,

Chris

Reply to
christofire

Many Thanks. I've got it now (took a while to figure out abse).

Reply to
David Eather

: :"Ross Herbert" :>

:> It was bloody hard to come by even back then. I only have a photocopy of :> it and :> there are 45 A4 pages in total. I have posted it to abse if that will help :> (1.9Mb PDF file) : : :** Downloaded and read, amazing I've never seen it published anywhere :before. : :Shame there is no date on the doc, but since Hitachi first released their :"power mosfets" better known as " lateral mosfets " back in 1977 - the :actual publication date is close to then. : :Must have been the most avidly read app note in history by audio power amp :designers in the late 70s and beyond. : : : :..... Phil :

If you can make out the phone number on the Plessey Components sticker on the front page you will see that it was a six digit number. Six digit numbers had disappeared in Australia by the mid to late 1970's.

Reply to
Ross Herbert

In message , Ross Herbert writes

Wow, thanks, I've been looking on and off for this for years..

--
Clint Sharp
Reply to

Which variant ? They published several IIRC. I have paper copies here but can't scan right now.

Graham

-- due to the hugely increased level of spam please make the obvious adjustment to my email address

Reply to
Eeyore

A bit academic since Hitachi no longer make those lateral mosfets and their example designs were a bit primitive, though reasonable for the date of publication. Amp design has moved on several generations since then.

Graham

-- due to the hugely increased level of spam please make the obvious adjustment to my email address

Reply to
Eeyore

On Mon, 06 Jul 2009 12:38:42 GMT, Ross Herbert put finger to keyboard and composed:

Would you mind if I uploaded it to my web space?

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

**I believe you need to direct your question to Hitachi. They own the copyright. And, thanks to the bizarre laws surrounding copyright, they have 75 years to determine who can publish it, if I'm not mistaken.
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

** BULLSHIT !!!

Hitachi lateral mosfets ( in TO220 and TO3P ) are still made and sold under the " Renesas " brand.

TO3 metal pack lateral mosfet devices are readily available from Exicon and Semelab - these are good substitutes in any of the Hitachi circuits.

In Australia, Altronics sells the former and Farnell sell the latter.

See:

** Pompous crap.

** Moved on maybe, but all down hill.

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

:On Mon, 06 Jul 2009 12:38:42 GMT, Ross Herbert : put finger to keyboard and composed: : :>On Sun, 05 Jul 2009 03:01:45 +1000, David Eather wrote: : :>:I am trying to get a copy of a application note by Hitachi for a MOSFET :>:amp published in 1989. :>

:>It was bloody hard to come by even back then. I only have a photocopy of it and :>there are 45 A4 pages in total. I have posted it to abse if that will help :>(1.9Mb PDF file) : :Would you mind if I uploaded it to my web space? : :- Franc Zabkar

It is OK with me Franc.

While Trevor's warning re copyright might technically apply, I can't see Hitachi contesting your publication since the devices are no longer manufactured by them.

Reply to
Ross Herbert