Did Aus ever get LED replacement bulbs.

A while ago there was a fair bit of discussion about CFLs - lots of useful information even for me in the UK.

LED bulbs don't seem to have roused the same interest, I kind of miss the information resource.

far.....................

Its at least as bright as the 7W CFL it replaced.

Reply to
Ian Field

** LED lamps that can replace regular 75watt bulbs or 20 watt spiral CFLs are scarce and still too expensive for most folk to bother with.

I did find a 15watt, 1300lumen LED bulb at an store this year (on special for $10) and it is a CFL killer:

Fully sealed, near unbreakable, light output equal to a 75W halogen, instant fully on at winter temps, nice 2700K colour, dimmable, rated for 25,000 hours AND 100,000 on/off cycles.

Perfect for the bathroom.

Made in China of course, but with a German brand name: "Muller Licht".

... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison