Needing Help! SAE Two A-14 audio amp

My electronics tech is having trouble fixing an SAE Two stereo amplifier model A-14. It has no audio output. If he shorts across the speaker output circuit protection relay the audio works fine. No tell-tale thump noise. He has a good service manual but can't track down what the problem is. Does anyone know what the problem may be specifically? It was repaired for the same problem by another tech and the repair didn't last long. I do know that 4 ohm speakers are a no-no. He's testing with headphones or

8 Ohm speakers. Sure would appreciate some help here. Please, no advice on how to clean the relay.Does anyone know where I can get this relay in case that is the problem? Please eMail me directly at snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net. Harvey
Reply to
rockinnomo

"rockinnomo"

" My electronics tech is having trouble fixing an SAE Two stereo amplifier model A-14. It has no audio output. If he shorts across the speaker output circuit protection relay the audio works fine. No tell-tale thump noise. He has a good service manual but can't track down what the problem is. "

** The answer is simple - replace your tech.

BTW

Despite the famous US brand name, " SAE Two " series amps were made in Japan in the late 70s early 80s.

I used to service a *lot* of SAE amps back then, ie Mk 3s and Mk 4s along with 2200s and 2400s plus a few stereo pre-amps and 1/3 octave graphic eqs that used toroidal inductors - but all these were US made models.

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

So it appears the problem is only in the protection circuit, and he still can't fix it?

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T