toshiba 36a10 tv 5yrs old. tube tv

the picture or sound will not come on when the on button is pushed. A red blinking light comes on near the on button. If I hit the side of the tv hard some times it will work. Or if I leave it on for a while,10 min. it will come on. Please help. christine

Reply to
1299

Probably a bad solder connection.

Tom

Reply to
Tom MacIntyre

Did it used to come on and then shut itself off right away ?

Reply to
dave anderson

Most likely there are bad solder connections inside. These may be in the power supply, or one of the scan amplifiers, according to your description.

--

JANA _____

Reply to
JANA