Source for Intermatic plastic pinion gears

You know those tiny inserts in timers and clocks that crumble after time. They are the plastic pinion gear that fits into the magnetic rotor of the common Intermatic timing motors.

Does anyone have a source for just these pieces? I have several appliances that are either inoperative or from which I've been "borrowing" these pieces to fix others.

A typical motor part number is WG-1420-1.

Thanks.

--- sam

Reply to
Sam Goldwasser

Do they have to be plastic for noise or vibration reasons ? I ended up with a load of clock repairers spare pinions , but all are brass or steel or combination of both.

N Cook

The material probably doesn't matter but the specific part I'm referring to actually fits into a mating recepticle - it isn't a gear that goes on a shaft.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites:

Important: Anything sent to the email address in the message header above is ignored unless my full name is included in the subject line. Or, you can contact me via the Feedback Form in the FAQs.

Reply to
Sam Goldwasser

Reply to
Mike Berger

Thanks but these are not normal pinion gears. They fit a socket on the magnetized rotor with a specific shape. So, either an exact replacement is needed or the entire rotor needs to be replaced.

Yes, possibly something could be modified, but that kind of defeats the purpose of just being able to drop in a replacement for a 5 cent part.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites:

Important: Anything sent to the email address in the message header above is ignored unless my full name is included in the subject line. Or, you can contact me via the Feedback Form in the FAQs.

Reply to
Sam Goldwasser

Sam, This guy supplies gear kits that he says will repair the "(Intermatic WG-1420, WG-1420-2 and WG-1420-3) and also the european Intermatic WG-5094". $15 for the armature and idler gear. Here's the URL for a picture of the gears:

and the main page:

Those ball clocks look cool I might have to buy one.

Richard

Reply to
spudnuty