Sony SDM-HS73 Won't power on.

I just got this Sony SDM-HS73 LCD monitor and the person told me that it wouldn't power on. I plugged it in and it worked.. Then I used it for a while and it went in to power save and wouldn't come out of power save...

You could cycle the power with the vga cable unplugged and it would say on the screen no signal. If you plugged in the vga cable it wouldn't display a picture.

Now it won't power up at all. You can hear the filter cap charge up and thats about it. I guess what I'm asking is do you think the problem is in the controler board instead or the power supply?

I'm going to get the service manual since this monitor is a bit different than any lcd I've ever worked on before. It has the power supply intergrated into the inverter.

- Mike

Reply to
Michael Kennedy

I found the SMD-HS75 Service manual at

but it is worthless.. Do you think that the manual for the hs73 would have any more info in it?

-Mike

Reply to
Michael Kennedy

Ah something usefull..The SDM-HS73 service manual. Appears the only differecne is that it has DVI..

Michael Kennedy