Projection TV shadow

Not seen personally , I'm still waiting for owner to get back to me with make and model , but thought I'd ask in general terms before getting involved in an area I don't know.

Fault occured suddenly , about 1/4 of right hand side of screen is in shadow, picture and all colours there but very much lower intensity in the shadow area, the terminator is straight and abrupt and has a slight slant. Ceiling mounted unit.

N_Cook