Help identifying some crystals

I work for an electronic component distributor and have an excess inventory of crystals. I'm hoping someone can help me identify them. Our inventory shows them as bing manufactured by MB. The part numbers are MB3050HA33000MHZ and MB3100H12288MHZ. We're used to selling parts from Xilinx, TI, 3M, etc.; so these are a little outside our typical product lines. I'm hoping someone can help identify the manufacturer, what they're used for, etc. I can send or post photos if necessary. Thanks.

Reply to
Dan Wright

It appears that they are 33.000 MHz & 12.288 MHz A simple crystal tester & frequency counter would mke sure. Used crystal testers were all over the place a couple years ago as pagers became less popular.

was very popular. Ramsey has discontinued this, but still has them listed on their closeout page. There are schematics online to build your own for about $10, or you can pay Ramsey's price.

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.
Reply to

Greed is the root of all eBay.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Can I guess(tm)? Those numbers don't look like individual crystals. The look more like crystal can clock oscillators. No clue who MB might be. The part number looks like something from MMD:

Google finds these parts made by MMD, but I couldn't find the specific part number series listed on their web pile.

MB3050HA33000MHZ = 33.000 MHz MB3100H12288MHZ = 12.288 MHz

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

Wow - I didn't know if I'd get a response and these are great.

Thanks guys. @Jeff, you are correct that they are 12.288 Mhz and

30.000 Mhz.

Ok, so I have about 60,000 of them between the two parts. Any suggestions on what I can do with them or who might be interested in buying them?

Reply to
Dan Wright

Sell them back to the manufactory that made them for perhaps 5-10% of their OEM selling price. They can then run them through their production test and sell them as "remanufactured" parts. It's cheaper for them to buy them back than to make new components. One of my friends was fairly successful at doing this before 2000 when the economy was better. No clue if it will work today. Otherwise, contact a components broker and see if they're interested.