Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Power controller chip to turn on ATX
ff no with rs PSU he you or r Found it: SiS651 North Bridge and SiS 962L MuTIOL South Bridge chipsets. Now I need to see if one of those chips controls ON/OFF switching. If it does then probably...
1
1

Philips VR813
Hello everyone, I'm trying to repair a Philips VR813. It has a so-called G-tape deck (not the turbo drive). I have already located and fixed the main problem (some cold solder joints inside the head...

d'Arsonval Meter Repair
I'm putting a Weston wattmeter back together and I've run into a bit of a puzzle. The repair involved freeing the moving coil/pointer shaft and gently moving it aside in order to fasten a few turns of...
6
6

Will sunlight damage the electronics?
Will sunlight damage the electronics of a circuit board? The power company installed a radio-controlled switch on my air conditioner, and mounted it on the side of my house. It has an ugly label which...
24
24

Hissing TV.
OK so it was hissing, I see blue arcing on the tube on the cap, is also covered in tobacco smoke/dirt. I tried some insulating tape at first, which worked for a while but not the next day. Anyway I...
29
29

Panasonic VHS player NV-HV61E plays only EP tapes
Hello all! What can be the problem with a VHS player, Panasonic model NV-HV61E which only gives a decent picture in EP mode? If trying to play a tape wither standard shortplay or longplay, the picture...
5
5

Crate BV150H tube/valve amp
According to owner , bought it off company rep a few years ago and is export version prototype. Blew a fuse a few weeks back , runs still ,after fuse change (self heeled cap?) but excessive hum. 450V...
14
14

Bose AWRC-1P
I have an old Bose AWRC-1P radio/cd player that has no audio at the output. There is audio at the line outs. it seems that the voltage at pin 7 of the output chip--TDA7375A is going below the...
9
9

Rogers amp ...
Anyone by any chance got a copy of the schematics for a Rogers e20a valve (tube) amplifier ? TIA Arfa
1
1

Geocities still up
I can still see all of my stuff there as of the time of posting this message. So am I only seeing a ghostly echo, a cached chimera? Seems to me that the domain is still active, so their servers are...
2
2

HP 38C calculator disassembly?
Has anyone here ever taken apart one of these calculators? My "6" key is not registering all the time, and I thought I might be able to clean out the crud in there and make it work again. But it's not...
19
19

Vox AC30CC2x
Once again roadies throwing things around. Previously they managed to shear an ECC83 in half, where they pass through the chassis "protected" by rubber grommet. Thius time broken springline and choke...
1
1

Belton springline reverb repair
Dropped cab , a source for a lost ferrite cylinder ? IF transformer core drilled through ? or something used in a more audio range, I cannot think of anything suitable Is the metal connecting the end...
2
2

Power controller chip to turn on ATX
Hi Guys, I have got a mobo here that is dead. I have done all the usual stuff like trying new PSU, bench testing etc. Its dead - as in no fans, no nothing when you hit PWR button - PSU doesnt even...
7
7

Geocities goes dark after today
If you have any Geocities bookmarks, now would be a good time to find the new location for those pages. If you cut a string from the page today and paste it into Google as a phrase should be able to...
7
7