Development tool for embedded Linux development

Hi,

I am currently developing an embedded linux application and so far I have been doing remote debugging with gdbserver, gdb and ddd as the human useable inteface on the linux box.

Well, this is getting tedious with editing in simple test editors, compilation here and there, reloading the DDD, starting it and so on, I wonder if there are more integrated tools that will do this. Basically I just want to debug directly from the editor without having to go throught the entire process everytime.

I am actually considering to go for something like QNX, but that's not Linux and I like the concept of Linux.

Ideas,

Jens.

Reply to
Jens

The eclipse ide MAY have what you want

I think you can configure it to automate what you're doing manually with gdb though I've not done it myself.

Reply to
Anonymous

Reply to
Marco Wang