Mitsubishi VS412R - Has Sound, But No Picture at all

Hopefully, someone here can give me some assistance.

I have a Mitsubishi VS412R (1988) and the picture went out completely the other day while watching it. I checked the five fuses on the inside panels and they all appear OK. Does anyone have any suggestions concerning where to look or what to replace? Loved this TV, it gave me many years of EXCELLENT service and would like to keep it.

Thanks for all help...

MP

Reply to
MP

Hopefully, someone here can give me some assistance.

I have a Mitsubishi VS412R (1988) and the picture went out completely the other day while watching it. I checked the five fuses on the inside panels and they all appear OK. Does anyone have any suggestions concerning where to look or what to replace? Loved this TV, it gave me many years of EXCELLENT service and would like to keep it.

Thanks for all help...

MP

Reply to
MP

Start by verifying the performance of the power supply. Verify that all the voltage outputs are present to start with, according to the service information from the manufacture. If the supply section is not properly starting up, or is in the protect mode, then the scan circuits would also be the most likely sections to start investigating. It is possible to have a fault in a number of areas at the same time when there is a failure.

If you are not experienced in TV service, and do not have the set-up and training for this type of work, I would strongly suggest you locate the nearest qualified TV service centre near to you, and let them give you an estimate.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG ========================================= WebPage

Electronics

I have a Mitsubishi VS412R (1988) and the picture went out completely the other day while watching it. I checked the five fuses on the inside panels and they all appear OK. Does anyone have any suggestions concerning where to look or what to replace? Loved this TV, it gave me many years of EXCELLENT service and would like to keep it.

Thanks for all help...

MP

Reply to
Jerry G.

When you take it to the shop, "No Picture" is not a valid symptom. "Has Sound, Black screen" or "Has Sound, White screen" is valid.

Reply to
JeffM

You really need a circuit diagram, but here goes anyway.

1.Give it a thump and see what happens, if pic momemtarily restored then a dry joint, probably in the vertical.
  1. Turn the screen volts up, if a horizontal white line then a vertical fault.
  2. Dont know that chassis, but that vintage Mitsubishi used a Sanyo LA7330 chip, for the vertical, very prone to dry joints - resolder. Replace with a LA7380 if fussy - has improved dissipation, and I would need to wander out to the workshop to check the IC numbers as I am going from memory here.

If you dont know what I am talking about, then leave it alone - you stand a good chance of killing yourself if you randomly poke around.

73 de VK3BFA Andrew
Reply to
Andrew VK3BFA