6J6

Where can I obtain spec sheets for the 6J6 triode tube which include characteristic curves? The RCA Receiving Tube Manual doesn't have that kind of data for this tube.

Ignorantly, Allan Adler snipped-for-privacy@zurich.ai.mit.edu

  • *
  • Disclaimer: I am a guest and *not* a member of the MIT Artificial *
  • Intelligence Lab. My actions and comments do not reflect *
  • in any way on MIT. Moreover, I am nowhere near the Boston *
  • metropolitan area. *
  • *
Allan Adler

here is a website that might help. i recromend downloading the software.

*
*
*
*
*
*
popman

The software looks useful, but unfortunately it doesn't run under Linux.

Allan Adler snipped-for-privacy@zurich.ai.mit.edu

  • *
  • Disclaimer: I am a guest and *not* a member of the MIT Artificial *
  • Intelligence Lab. My actions and comments do not reflect *
  • in any way on MIT. Moreover, I am nowhere near the Boston *
  • metropolitan area. *
  • *
Allan Adler

Baphomet

Allan, given your interest in vacuum tubes you should acquire a copy of the RCA HB-3 tube handbook. This is a 5 or 6 volume set, with typically 6 or more pages giving the complete technical speciations (including characteristic curves) for each tube type. While it has been out of print for years, copies occasionally show up for sale on eBay. (Except for the volume on transmitter tubes, I stupidly trash canned my HB-3 some years back, not realizing its lasting value as the seminal source for the design characteristics of nearly all vacuum tube types.)

Lacking an HB-3, the following URL provides characteristic curves for the 6J6:

Harry C.

Reply to
Harry Conover

Allan, here's the complete characteristic curves for the 6J6 that I found on the web. Someone has actually put much of the RCA HB-3 Tube Handbook on-line!

Enjoy. Harry C.

Reply to
Harry Conover